3100 san pablo ave berkeley ca
Astoria Horton market
2023.05.31 01:02 hahahajump Astoria Horton market
2023.05.30 23:53 TahaSultan_ Come out if you’re in SoCal!
2023.05.29 21:22 thr3e_kideuce How I would fix transit in the Bay Area (in chronological order)
- Merge BART, Caltrain, and SMART into a single regional rail system. This would involve Caltrain transitioning from a commuter rail system into a regional rail system with the Dumbarton Rail Corridor. The new service would be called BART (Bay Area Regional Transit). Caltrain and SMART lines would get numbers and BART lines would have numbers to differentiate the track gauge. This means VTA would give up its ownership of its BART stations.
- Force Santa Clara, Alameda, SF, Marin, Sonoma, Solano, Napa, Contra Costa, and San Mateo counties to start contributing a certain amount of funding to the combined system. Virginia, Maryland, and D.C. did this with the Washington Metro which is now starting to recover. BART can no longer operate itself, maintain itself, or pay for projects based on fares alone and needs a confirmed source of funding. And yes, Atherton and Berkeley have to shut up.
- Implement BRT and Trans on several corridors (Mission Blvd, Hesperian Blvd, San Pablo Ave, El Camino Real, etc.) as a starting ground.
- Start implementing light metro systems to complement the combined regional rail system. They would mostly act as spur lines (i.e. Niles Canyon to Newark connecting to the Dumbarton Bridge) or bypass lines (i.e. a new line along Hesperian Blvd and Dolittle Dr). Ideal first lines include Los Gatos to Milpitas via SJC Airport, Evergreen to Newark, Saratoga to Evergreen, Castro Valley to San Mateo, Milpitas to Stanford and Woodside via North Sunnyvale, East San Jose to Cupertino, and East Hayward to Alameda via Eastmont and Lake Chabot. The light metro lines would have 90 second headways. They would be smaller than BART stations, no interlining, 3 or 5 car trains, no parking spaces and would look identical to the Milan Metro M5 line. The idea of taking away the 'aesthetic' features is to bring the cost down as low as possible without sacrificing safety.
- Add a new Passenger rail tunnel in the Sunol Grade for ACE and new BART (the letter lines).
- Reintroduce regional rail service on the Iron Horse trail along 680 as a tunnel (similar to RER). Suburbanites can whine all they want but they have to grow up, the world doesn't revolve around them. The line can run from Redwood City and San Jose to Martinez.
- Integrate Valley Link into ACE, which itself would become a joint venture between new BART and San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission.
- Cancel the widening of I-80 in Vallejo (there are plans to add new toll lanes). Instead, extend the red line to Napa as eBART. Also, delay all express lane projects until viable alternatives can be provided (including bike paths).
- Introduce ACE service from Merced to Martinez on a new rail corridor. Amtrak San Joaquins would also run up to Brentwood.
- Extend the Yellow Line of eBART to Brentwood or Discovery Bay.
- Extend the Orange Line to San Rafael as eBART.
- Force Union Pacific and BNSF to nationalise their rail lines (at state level at least) or they lose funding.
- Add laser detectors to fare gates that will automatically alert security or police if someone is evading their fare. Minimum fine would be $700.
To accomplish #1-13 would require staging a coup or engaging in local elections more.
submitted by thr3e_kideuce
to bayarea [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 21:29 mjross125 Summer Apartment Located Near Campus
For anybody who's going to be in the city for the summer, this spacious apartment on 3rd Ave near Balboa Street is available until August 18th. The landlord has previously done year-long leases if you are interested in staying longer. This unit can comfortably house 2-3 people without having to share bedrooms. Laundry, Wi-Fi, some furniture (optional), 2 restrooms, and reliable nearby parking that doesn't require a permit are just some of the included perks of this apartment. We'll be having an open house in the next few days if not tomorrow. Please message us on Zillow if you are interested!
Zillow link below: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/577-3rd-Ave-San-Francisco-CA-94118/2069139743_zpid/
Update: Open house is tomorrow (Wednesday the 31st)!!! Please DM me or message us on Zillow for more details.
submitted by mjross125
to usfca [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 20:04 MioNamo Z32 proof of concept - Zeroed in fully - The bridge bomb?
2023.05.28 13:37 TampaCopWatch They got themselves a lil #policestate #roadpirates on Causeway 0738 052823
2023.05.27 22:07 boi_borborygmos Stanford Ave / San Pablo Ave (again), Oakland
2023.05.27 22:03 SanJose-ult-frisbee Come play ultimate firsbee with us near the Municipal Rose Garden Sunday 4:30pm
Our group plays pickup ultimate frisbee near the Municipal Rose Garden every Sunday. Come join us tomorrow (5/28) at 4:30pm. No skills required. Address is 651 Dana Ave, San Jose, CA 95126.
submitted by SanJose-ult-frisbee
to SanJose [link] [comments]
2023.05.26 17:24 Fluffy-Commercial492 Okay, so that's new...
| || |
So apparently, instacart is now copycating doordash, 10 minute rotational hot spots that will have you bouncing all over town trying to catch your next order 🤦 I mean, it does say you can still get orders from stores not on the map, so I'm not really worried about it, those of us who know better don't chase the hot spots anyways, but it's still fuqn dumb AF that they're playing even more games than they are already do 🤬🤬 submitted by Fluffy-Commercial492 to InstacartShoppers [link] [comments]
2023.05.26 15:33 Plantdeterras Plant de Terra
Peter Wischmann Address:
240 Dollar Ave,
San Francisco, CA
94080 Phone Number:
(650) 549-7963 Website URL: https://plantdeterra.com/ Business Email:
CBD For Athletes, CBD For Recovery Description:
Plant de Terra is a US based CBD store offering the highest quality natural supplements for improved sleep, balance and athletic recovery.
submitted by Plantdeterras
to u/Plantdeterras [link] [comments]
2023.05.26 06:04 DropWatcher Drop Watch: May 26th, 2023
- Kodak Black - Pistolz & Pearlz (w EST Gee, L.O.E. Shimmy + more) [Florida Trap, Atlantic]
- Lil Durk - Almost Healed (w J. Cole, Future, 21 Savage, Kodak Black, Juice WRLD, Morgan Wallen, Alicia Keys, Rob49 & Chief Wuk) [Chicago Drill, Alamo]
- KHEA (🇦🇷) - SEROTONINA (w Tiago PZK + more) [Argentine Trap, Interscope]
- Dorrough Music & DJ Drama - Number 23 (w UGK, Shawty Lo, OJ da Juiceman, Slim Thug + more) [Southern Hip Hop]
- Mr Eazi's ChopLife SoundSystem (🇳🇬) - Chop Life Vol. 1: Mzansi Chronicles (w Moonchild Sanelly + more) *[Afrobeats, *emPawa]
- Peter Fox (🇩🇪) - Love Songs [German Rap, Warner]
- Cruz Cafuné (🇪🇸) - Me Muevo Con Dios (w Westside Gunn, BOJ + more) [Spanish Rap]
- Monaleo - Where The Flowers Don't Die [Texas Hip Hop]
- Alex Zurdo (🇵🇷) - CONXSIÓN [Latin Rap]
- Khary - A Desperate Attempt To Love Everything [Alternative Hip Hop, RI]
- Jay Worthy & Roc Marciano - Nothing Bigger Than The Program (w Bun B, Kurupt, Ab-Soul, Da$H, A$AP ANT, Kokane, A$ton Matthews & Bart Oatmeal) [Hip Hop, Griselda]
- Cookin Soul (🇪🇸) - RAW TAPES vol. 1 [Producer]
- Nonso Amadi (🇳🇬→🇨🇦) - When It Blooms (w Majid Jordan, BEAM, Zinoleesky, Tay Iwar & Tamera) [Toronto Rap, Afrobeats, UMG]
- Rory - I Thought It'd Be Different (w Ari Lennox, Jay Electronica, dvsn, DRAM, Phonte, Conway the Machine, GoldLink, James Fauntleroy, REASON, Alex Isley, reggie, Emotional Oranges, THEY. + more) [R&B]
- Carlitos Rossy (🇵🇷) - Sad Valentín [Reggaetón, Warner]
- Bliss Station (Flamingosis & Ehiorobo) - Bliss Station [East Coast Hip Hop]
- La Zowi (🇪🇸) - La Reina Del Sur [Spainish Trap]
- Dom Corleo - On My Own (w Yung Kayo + more) [Rage, PHX]
- Ethereal - Heat Death 4 (w Faye Webster + more) [Cloud Rap]
- Devito (🇷🇸) - Plava krv [Hungarian Trap]
- Rosalie. (🇩🇪) - Motherlode [Alt-R&B, Def Jam]
- Kid Quill - Good People (w T-Pain & Caye) [Feel Good Rap, Indiana]
- Khamari - A Brief Nirvana [R&B, Boston, RCA]
- Lil' Keke - 25 Summers (w B-Legit, Big K.R.I.T., 8Ball & MJG, Slim Thug, Paul Wall, Peso Peso, Big Jade + more) [Texas Rap]
- Kari Faux - REAL BITCHES DON'T DIE (w Devin the Dude, Gangsta Boo, Big K.R.I.T., Jazz Cartier, Phoelix & theMIND) [Southern Hip Hop, Neo-Soul, drink sum wtr]
- Lakim - Life's Prism [Future Beats, Tufcat]
- Duwap Kaine - Duwap So Based [Cloud Rap]
- Guvna B (🏴) - The Village Is On Fire (w Ghetts + more) [UK Rap, Allo Mate]
- Daz Dillinger - Dat Nigga Daz (w Kurupt + more) [West Coast Hip Hop]
- Xanman - Barmelo Xanthony [DMV Trap]
- Portraits of Tracy - Drive Home [Emo Rap]
- Kassa Overall - Animals (w Danny Brown, Wiki, Nick Hakim, Lil B, Shabazz Palaces, Francis and the Light + more) [Jazz, Warp]
- Thelonious Martin - Season 1. Episode 5. [Beat Tape]
- Trdee - Trapped In My Bag 3 (w BabyTron, StanWill, GrindHad E, Babyfxce E, Certified Trapper, Kasher Quon + more) [Michigan Trap]
- FMB DZ - P-Rock Baby (w Icewear Vezzo, Sada Baby, BabyTron, Skilla Baby + more) [Michigan Trap]
- Suppra (🇨🇱) - EPIFANÍA [Chilean Boom Bap]
- Manu Manzo - Luna En Geminis [Latin R&B]
- Mo Thugs (Bone Thugs + friends) - Family Reunion [Midwest Hip Hop]
- Rory Fresco - Fantasy Camp (w Doe Boy & Skilla Baby) [Southern Hip Hop, New 11]
- Mr Brady & BudaMonk - Art [Boom Bap, King Tone]
- Wiardon - Road Music [Rap, Austin]
- Basi & Mikos Da Gawd - Supernova [Bay Area Rap, Text Me]
- Abby Jasmine- GROWING PAINS [Pop Rap, Cinematic]
- Migo Lee & Anti Beats - Anti Tyler [DMV Trap]
- MarijuanaXO - Black Homer [Milwaukee Trap]
- SME TaxFree & Dai Ballin - House Party [Milwaukee Trap]
- Al-Doe & Spanish Ran - Holy City Zoo (w Ab-Soul + more) [Underground Rap]
- Sleep Sinatra - P.T.G (POST TRAUMATIC GROWTH) [Griselda-core]
- Ozuna (🇵🇷) - Afro (w Davido + more) [Latin Rap, Sony]
- Yng Lvcas (🇲🇽) - Six Jewels 23 (w Peso Pluma + more) [Corrido Tumbado]
- KayCyy & Gesaffelstein - TW2052 [Hip Hop]
- $UICIDEBOY$ - YIN YANG TAPES: Winter Season [Emo Rap, G59]
- Cochise - NO ONE IS NICE TO ME [Rap, Columbia]
- Apache (🇻🇪) - SONGO [Latin Rap]
- K CAMP - Spin the Block [Trap]
- Neurto Shorty (🇻🇪) & Chucky73 (🇩🇴) - Cartel del Caribe [Latin Trap, Rimas]
- Prok (🇪🇸) & Akapellah (🇻🇪) - 16 Millas [Latin Rap]
- Earlly Mac & Sango - MearlGo Vol. 4 [Rap]
- Hunxho - 4 Days In LA [Trap, ATL, 300]
- nascar aloe - HEY ASSHOLE! [Trap Metal, Epitaph]
- V9 (🏴) - 08701 [UK Drill]
- Mannywellz - Don’t Tell Anyone (w Foggieraw) [R&B, Afrobeats]
- C.S. Armstrong - The Southwestern Legacy [R&B]
- EMT LA & Cypress Moreno - Hardest Out [West Coast Rap]
- Drippin So Pretty & Hi-C - Dio Brando [Emo Rap]
- Serane & SURF GANG - SGPM [Plugg]
- Cabra (🇵🇷) - MARTÍNEZ (w De La Ghetto + more) [Latin Alt-Rap]
- KT Foreign - Footalytics [San Diego Trap]
- Don Trip - Die Another Day [Memphis Rap]
- Joe Nora - Still Life EP [Beat Tape, FoF]
- A-F-R-O & 60 East - At The Sideshow EP (w Ras Kass) [Boom Bap]
- Manga Saint Hilare (🏴) & Blay Vision (🏴) - Save Yourself [Grime]
- Wee2Hard - Secret Code [Trap, ATL]
- Kickkone - Talked2GodBoutIt [Florida Trap, Jugghouse/Lava Baby]
- Goya Gumbani - When The Past Bloomed (w Pink Siifu, Lord Apex, August Fanon + more) [NYC Indie Rap]
- RXKNephew - Summer in Miami / Drunk Nights [Rihanna Favorite Rapper FR FR]
- Shaggy 2 Dope - Professor Shaggs and the Quest for the Ultimate Groove [Horrorcore]
- Billionaire Black - Black Sheep 2.0 [Chicago Drill, VALLEY CLUB]
- Grunge Gallardo (of The Opioid Era) - Atlantic Shores [Virginia Rap, Pill Press]
- Taylor Swift - Karma (Remix) [feat. Ice Spice]
- Sexyy Red & Tay Keith - Pound Town 2 (feat. Nicki Minaj)
- Tainy & Myke Towers - obstáculo
- A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - MVP (NBA Finals Version) [feat. Myke Towers]
- Juice WRLD - Cheese and Dope Freestyle*
- Yeat & Pi’erre Bourne - My Wrist (feat. Young Thug)
- Anitta, Rvfv & Sfera Ebbasta - Captián
- Sleepy Hallow & Lil Tjay - Pain Talk
- Nio García - Yeska (Remix) [feat. Jowell & Randy]
- Papa Shawn Boo - For the Moment (feat. T-Pain)
- Juneyear - LaDaDa (feat. Jeremih)
- DVBBS, Jeremih & SK8 - Crew Thang
- Dominic Fike - Antpile
- Swifty Blue & Mustard - Jugglin' (feat. Baby Stone Gorillas & Joe Peshi)
- $NOT - Easter Pink
- Victoria Monét & Buju Banton - Party Girls (Michaël Brun Dancehall Remix)
- EST Gee - Turn The Streets Up
- GloRilla - Lick Or Sum
- REASON - At It Again (Remix) [feat. Jay Rock]
- Lu, Pouya, Kxllswxtch, Terror Reid - 456 (Freestyle)
- AkaAction, Bootsy Collins & Jamie Jones - Time For Some Action
- Lachy Doley - Get Out Your Ear's Way (feat. Bootsy Collins)
- Kap G - RR Activities (feat. 03 Greedo)
- J Hus & Fumes - It's Crazy
- Adekunle Gold - Tio Tequila
- Metro Marrs & Mike Dimes - Payroll
- D.Bill$ - Block Boy (feat. Juvenile)
- YMN Gus - Canada Goose V2 (feat. Babyface Ray)
- BLK ODYSSY - YOU GOTTA MAN (feat. KIRBY)
- Big Boss Vette - Ion Need
- Slayter & Retch - Juice Sipper (feat. Fenix Flexin)
- 1030 Montana - Jumped In The Game (feat. Wacotron)
- NSG & Meekz - Unruly
- Korralle & FloFillz - Blunotte
- Taylor Ricard - WAYYY (feat. Jim Jones)
- 7xvethegenius & DJ Green Lantern - Brainstorming (feat. Conway the Machine)
- M Huncho - Crazy Titch
- SetUpCity & 22Gz - Lights Out
- G MiM$ & Dave East - Luv Me 2 Life*
- Sauce Walka - Micheal Beasley*
- Diar Lansky - Explosive (feat. Royce Da 5'9")
- That Mexican OT, Paul Wall & DRODi - Johnny Dang
- Icewear Vezzo - Back On The Road
- Sofi de la Torre - 4 Sure Sure (feat. PHABO)
- Young RoyBoy - Wallah (Remix) [feat. Sada Baby]
- Cootie - Trap Nigga Investment*
- RiskTakerLeek & Cootie - Bird Talk
- Earlly Mac & Kamaiyah - All Night
- Bryan Bandit - Livin' Off the Phone (feat. Veeze)
- Yella Beezy - To The Floor
- Saviii 3rd & Kalan.FrFr - Been That (Extended)
- Milli Major, Novelist, Safone, So Large & Chronik - Skeem Set
- Ghost Dawg & Cico P - Visa
- JGREYY - Boys?
- Jdot Breezy - Addict
- Lil Ray - Hold On (feat. DB.Boutabag & Lul Ace)
- Valee & MVW - Could Be
- Dro Fe, NARCOWAVE & Ralfy the Plug - Trap Evangelist
- Good Gas (FKi 1st) - Coochie Appointment (feat. The Act & Chow Lee)
- Caleborate - B4 U Judge
- Xian Bell & Dende - Have It All
- Beedie & Billy Hoyle - Never Say Never (feat. Your Old Droog)
- Lil Ronny MothaF - Painting Pictures Flow*
- Mike Henny - How It Feel (feat. FCG Heem)
- Payroll Giovanni - On My Own (feat. Nick Varsity & The ATG)
- Ant Beale - BROKE BOY
- Black Milk – Is It Just Me?
- Darius James & Kai Ca$h - No Pressure
- Nate Husser - Itchy Palms
- RXKNephew - Come Find Out
- WhatUpNolan & YSR Gramz - Make Believe (feat. KrispyLife Kidd, YSR Loski & Clean Up Man)
- Darin Steele & Big Sad 1900 - Down n Around
- Kyle Splash & Big Sad 1900 - Take Them Risks
- Tyb - Like Us (feat. Nef the Pharaoh)
- M-Hunt & Nef the Pharaoh - Spazzin'
- Dillon & Diamond D - Comin’ Out Swingin’ (feat. Elzhi)
- Love Spells - Over & Over
- Dominique Fils-Aimé - My Mind At Ease
- Hotboy Wes, D Flowers & Yung Ro - Block Starz
- Luh Soldier & Quoncho - Mudd Bruddas
- Leo Laru$$o - Dojo Slayers (feat. Tha God Fahim)
- Q Da Fool - Heisman
- Charles Hamilton - Girl Scout Cookies
- Joseph Chilliams (Pivot Gang) - Soft Serve (feat. corylovesyou)
- Bikoko - Destiny
- Pioneer 11 & Rhys Langston - Amber Deception
- Black Cobain - Ain't Picking Up (feat. Fendi P)
- Mack Moo & Helluva - Detroit Love
- Bane Capital & Koncept Jack$on - Diamond
- Matt Mars - Hard Times (feat. YL)
- myst milano. - Thirteen
- Bub Styles - Casket Suit (feat. Sauce Heist & Dot Demo)
- Sonny Miles - Over & Over
- Janette King - How Sad
- Joy Postell - At Ease
- DRIVEBY - Sex With The Leopard Print Lady (feat. Fatboi Sharif & Beans)
- Maze Overlay - Danny Ocean
Bold songs drop at midnight
- Chester Watson - fish don't climb trees
- Travis Thompson & Jake One - Happiness (feat. Jay Worthy)
- GMF FatBoy - Sturdy (feat. Big Yavo)
- Andrei Lgnd - SMile (feat. OMB Peezy & Bussdown Bandy)
- Zacari - Touch of Gold
- dylAn - that's 1989
- Lilbubblegum & Jasiah - slurpy
- Diddy, City Girls & Fabolous - Act Bad
- KitschKrieg, KenTheMan & SFR - BAD BITCH (Body, Waist, Lips, Face)
- GOON DES GARCONS* - LIVING IN EXCESS
- Sam Truth - Wishing Well
- Matt Cab, MATZ, Grace Aimi & Ace Hashimoto - Again
- Pressa - Unfollow Me
- Riff Raff, Tommy Cash & Salvatore Ganacci - Ferrari
- Teezo Touchdown - Rock Paper Strippers
- Pablo Alborán - 4U (feat. CKay & Leo Rizzi)
- Rasheed Chappell & Little Vic - Show You How
- The Gemini Twins - Gave You My All (feat. Elzhi & Prop Dylan)
- Eli Fross - Me Time
- HDBeenDope - Can't Get Rid Of Me (feat. Fergie Baby)
- Jaxxon D. Silva - Black Flag (feat. A$AP NAST)
- Colt Fingaz - Way from Me (feat. WESTSIDE BOOGIE)
- TYL3R DAVIS & WESTSIDE BOOGIE - Hieroglyphics
- Jordan Commandeur, Knowledge the Pirate & Rick Hyde - Each One Teach One (feat. 38 Spesh & Flee Lord)
- Planet Asia & 38 Spesh - Upscale (feat. Tha Musalini & a Plus Tha Kid)
- James Fortune - Voyage (feat. Waka Flocka Flame)
- Drakeo the Ruler - Money & Problems (feat. Lil Travieso & MoneySign Suede)
- Brazeonday - DUALLY (feat. Z Money & TTM Dawg)
- Yhung T.O. & Big Sad 1900 - In the Field 2
- Sabrina Claudio - Modo Avión
- Azizi Gibson - F.W.M.
- JUICE MENACE - Weak Attempt
- Reel People & Raheem DeVaughn - Deja Vu (Blue Lab Beats Remix)
- Chingy - Rewind Time
- Malik Baptiste - I'M OK
- Nyck Caution & Erick the Architect - All Around
- Swedish House Mafia - See The Light (feat. Fridayy)
Songs in bold came out at midnight
* means not on Apple Music or Spotify
Sorted by Spotify Monthly Listeners
submitted by DropWatcher
to hiphopheads [link] [comments]
2023.05.25 23:03 BigLittleLeeg List of Discounts/Perks for folks with EBT in California
submitted by BigLittleLeeg
to foodstamps [link] [comments]
2023.05.25 18:50 boi_borborygmos Stanford Ave / San Pablo Ave, Oakland
2023.05.25 04:24 meowsoulless Zero Private Acceptances for Liberal-artsy CS applicant
: MENA White, Midwest public school, 100k < EFC < 150k, male Intended Major:
CS, second choice Econ. Stats:
GPA: 4.30 W, 4.00 UW (AP = 1.2x weight, DE and honors = 1.0x weight)
SAT: 1580 (780 EBRW, 800 Math) Coursework:
12 AP classes (by time of application) — of 12 5s of 12 exams taken so far — mech e&m bio chem lit lang micro macro gov ush wh psych. Latin score pending.
43 credits of dual enrollment at my state flagship — Calc 1 - 3 in grades 9-11, senior year: a 4xxx linear algebra class, a 5xxx graph theory class, a 3xxx stats class, a data structures and algorithms class, 2 3xxx classes in latin, among others Extra Curriculars:
- PF Debate Captain
- Voice – royal conserv of music gold medal recipient, roles in several operas + several solos with ensembles of local colleges
- Violin – playing for fourteen years, numerous orchestral leadership positions, perfect pitch moment
- (paid) Finance Director of a small but established and reputed education nonprofit, fairly comprehensive grant-writing experience
- (unpaid) SwE Internship at some non-exceptional university
- Family Responsibilities (care for a relative w/ cancer)
- A mid leadership position in some community service club for elementary kids
- TA/Tutor – self explanatory
- Chess – don’t compete just flexed my online rating percentile
- A selective accelerated math program I took
- Ranked #2 nationally in PF Debate by the NDCA (at the time of applying)
- State Econ Challenge Winner
- State Bilingual Literacy Seal in Latin
- National Merit
Personal Statement 8/10 – discussed experience w/ vocal change through discussing arias in an important work that I sung at different points in my career.
Supplements – Pretty compelling in my opinion. I’ll post some for reference eventually. Letters of Recommendation:
Nothing super super crazy. APUSH teacher whom I TA for, AP chem teacher whose class I aced, and the prof with whom I did EC #5. All strong but unlikely that any were extraordinarily exceptional. Interviews:
Yale – 30 minutes in person. Didn’t know what to think of it — we chatted and got along but that is about it.
UPenn – lasted 65 minutes online, scheduled for 30 – we agreed on a lot of values, I had a lot of things to say (had three months to develop my thoughts from the previous interview) and asked good questions, Results: 8/22 accepted, with 7 rejections, 7 waitlists
Acceptances [8/22] (to the CS major unless otherwise noted)
University of MD - College Park (EA)
University of MN - Twin Cities (EA)
University of WI - Madison (EA)
Purdue University (RD)
University of CA - San Diego
University of MI - Ann Arbor (EA to LSA CS Major)
University of IL - Urbana-Champaign (EA to CS+Econ)
Georgia Institute of Technology (Deferred EA, Attending
Declined Waitlist Positions [7/22]:
Harvey Mudd College
University of Pennsylvania
Outright Rejections [7/22]
University of CA - Los Angeles
University of CA - Berkeley
Yale University (Deferred REA)
Carnegie Mellon University (rejected ED II)
California Institute of Technology
Stanford University Remarks: Thoughts on college list –
I believe that my initial college list was balanced and healthy. I applied to 7 schools EA (6/7 acceptances) with the intention of not applying to others if I was admitted to REA; I ended up applying to 11 more in December as I planned, tacking on 4 more in early January just to be safe. I applied to many public schools because transferring my dual enrollment credits is important to me. I visited all the East Coast and Midwest schools before applying. Many, but not all, of my choices were informed by various CS T20 lists. Analysis of college decisions
– I predicted that I would get into less public schools and more private schools, because I’m not a super hard-core CS kid, and my skill set is very diverse and strong, including in liberal arts. I still don’t understand how that analysis could’ve been more wrong. I recognize that I didn’t apply to any mediocre private colleges, because if they both were not prestigious and didn’t transfer my credits, I wouldn’t attend. Nevertheless, I expected to get at least a couple. I was not particularly heart-broken by any of the decisions, though getting four rejections on my birthday wasn’t my favorite experience. Perhaps I think too highly of my application in comparison to others, or perhaps my application doesn’t adequately illustrate my competence. I likely would have done substantially better had I engaged in more academic competitions, such as olympiads, especially at CMU / Cal / Caltech. Overall, I am very happy with my public acceptances, and happy that my 100+ credit hours from dual enrollment and AP won’t be going to waste. Someone who read my chanceme guessed my decisions almost exactly, but that’s now deleted (not by me). Other thoughts
about the college application process: I think that the current procedure is pretty silly. Millions of productive hours are wasted every year, and with dubious goals and outcomes. All aspects of the process are heavily influenced by race, wealth, and geography, and measures that are least impacted by these are actually deemphasized by the college application process. I think potential to learn is by far the most important criterion, and 90% of the college application does not assess that. People say that academics are a bad measure because i) too many people at the top for too few spots and ii) it’s influenced too much by backgrounds. I’ll refute that i) it is because academics at the high school level are categorically too easy, especially compared to other countries, achieving similar breadth but lesser depth [if I am prepared to proper ace upper division college STEM classes, then my peers should at least be prepared to pass lower division but not introductory STEM classes], and ii) that academic skill is far less reflective of status than essays or extracurriculars or really any other aspect of an application. The process in other countries, both in Europe, and my native Turkey, is far more streamlined, rapid, and does the same if not better job with placing students.
I’ll briefly talk about the idea of expensive college counselors
– they are so unnecessary. I have several friends whom they gave awful advice to. People with counselors also tend not to do real research and not understand what they really want or need from a college. They are also the pinnacles of wealth-bias in college apps. I made the choice not to get a college counselor, and I don’t think that it negatively impacted my application. And, your high school teachers (and your friends) are generally better essay reviewers than counselors.
Finally, I’ll list several bullet point pieces of wisdom and advice for future classes:
- Create a college list where you’d be content attending every college on the list, informed by what you need from a school rather than its perceived prestige.
- Stay organized. My google sheet which I started two years ago served me well, taking me from preliminary research to finalizing lists to individual applications to making four-year ( or less ) plans for the colleges that did accept me.
- Draft your essays early, especially personal statements.
- Having a great why-us template is critical — one that seems specific even if it’s not, can be easily customized with fifteen minutes of research, and can vary in length to fit various prompts.
- Spend considerable time on your common application and how you present your activities. Make sure all your application materials are internally consistent [especially hour estimates], and reflect what you are answering in college-specific questions.
- Fall in love with a college for the 3 hours you spend writing its supplements, and then fall out of love just as quickly as you fell in love.
- Take challenging senior year courses, and don’t slide. Academic momentum is important going to freshman year of college, not to mention a decent factor in college decisions as well.
- Have some sort of a narrative in your activities and application, but don’t engineer your application to be perfect starting in Kindergarten.
- Find productive ways to employ your anxiety about the process. I’m not going to say not to worry, because that’s inevitable.
- Submit applications earlier than they are due, double check for SAT/ACT score send requirements, pay your deposit earlier than May 1st, etc.
- Meet with your high school counselor regularly throughout high school, so they can write you a good reference and get your stuff done when you need it done. (You’re great Ms. P, if somehow ever see this and recognize me)
- Discover yourself throughout the process. Writing about yourself is a great way to learn about yourself, but don’t base your self-worth on your results or the results of your peers. Show yourself compassion, not toxicity.
Thanks for reading my post. Best of luck in college for the class of 2023 and best of luck in college applications for the class of 2022.
submitted by meowsoulless
to collegeresults [link] [comments]
2023.05.25 00:32 TheMadDriver Lol horrible
| || |
I’m proud all 13 eyeballs did not take it look at how bad this offer is and that’s crossing a $7 toll bridge rating is horrible pay is not even a $1 per mile submitted by TheMadDriver to uberdrivers [link] [comments]
2023.05.24 22:00 spudmanspud Gel w/ Truth Cult (and SPY & Hirs)
2023.05.23 14:19 xxxtoetation- stuck in transit(again)
| || |
i’ve had the this package coming since last week it was supposed to arrive on the 17th but didn’t almost a week later now it’s back to them same thing In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late it’s been stuck like that for 3days it’s supposed to go to my local post office which is only 10mins away from the facility submitted by xxxtoetation- to usps_complaints [link] [comments]
2023.05.23 14:15 Top-Total692 [HIRING] 25 Jobs in CA Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in ca. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by Top-Total692
to CaliforniaJobs [link] [comments]
2023.05.22 15:11 digitalbanksy UPCOMING: Lowrider Shows in California
UPCOMING: Lowrider Shows in California
- JUN 4th - Old School Bombs Lowrider & Bomb Car Show — Sun, 6 – 10 PM 4340 E Miraloma Ave Anaheim, CA
- JUL 16th - Lowrider Sanctioned Show - Sun, 11 AM – 6 PM Cow Palace Arena & Event Center, 2600 Geneva Ave Daly City, CA
- 17th JUN - 16th Annual Car Show Sat, Jun 17 – Sun, Jun 18 The Crossing Foursquare Church, 8410 Washington Ave Whittier, CA
- JUN 4th - Palmdale High School 6th Annual Car Show - Sun, 10 AM – 4 PM Palmdale High School, 2137 E Ave Palmdale, CA
- JUN 4th - BOMBS WINGS & FINS Sun, 10 AM – 5 PM San Bernardino History and Railroad Museum, 1170 W 3rd St San Bernardino, CA
- 8th JUL - 2nd Annual Windsor Taco Fest & Car Show - Sat, 3 PM Windsor Town Green, 701 McClelland Dr Windsor, CA
- 12th AUG - Cesar Chavez Lowrider & Classic Car Show - Sat, 12 PM Cesar E. Chavez National Monument, 29700 Woodford-Tehachapi Rd Keene, CA
- 10th JUN - BOMB CLUB SO CAL ANNUAL CAR SHOW 2023 - Sat, 10 AM – 6 PM Santa Anita Park, 285 W Huntington Dr Arcadia, CA
- 16th JUL - Low Rider Car Show 2023 11am-6pm - at the Cow Palace Sunday Cow Palace Arena & Event Center, 2600 Geneva Ave Daly City, CA
(DISCLAIMER) /lowriders has no affiliation with the above mentioned car shows; this information is being shared by request of the community; to promote & share the Lowriders culture. The above Car Show Dates, Times & Locations are deemed to be accurate & not confirmed. ^(\
DYOR* = (Do Your Own Research))* (COMMUNITY) Any upcoming Lowriders themed car shows, drop the flyer.
submitted by digitalbanksy
to lowriders [link] [comments]
2023.05.22 14:37 Global_Tree_Careers Can I Get Ph.D. Scholarship in the USA Without IELTS or TOEFL?
| || | submitted by Global_Tree_Careers to u/Global_Tree_Careers [link] [comments]
The number of applications for Ph.D. scholarships in the USA has increased every year. But if you are an international student and want to apply for a scholarship for your higher studies in the United States, then you will need to take IELTS or TOEFL tests.
https://preview.redd.it/nk8vxdb0od1b1.jpg?width=1200&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=679d276e69fcee6413c659dd5f45a6d1a6eb5e28 How to Get a Ph.D. scholarship in the USA without taking the IELTS or TOEFL?
If you're planning to study for a Ph.D. in the US and would like to know if it's possible to do so without having taken the IELTS or TOEFL exams. (Read more: What are Ivy League universities in the USA
The answer is yes! It's completely possible to get a Ph.D. scholarship in America without high scores on either of these tests. In fact, many universities will accept other alternative tests as well as proof of English proficiency if they feel that they provide an accurate representation of your ability to communicate in English. Which USA Universities are offering Ph.D. scholarships without IELTS or TOEFL?
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the top universities in America and offers scholarships for international students who want to study there. The university has some specific requirements for its applicants:
· Learn first how to apply for PH.D. Abroad
· Bachelor's degree is required.
· All college transcripts should be sent directly to us.
· You are required to submit three letters of recommendation written by professors who have taught you and can assess your academic performance.
· You need to write an essay describing your career goals as well as why UCB would be a good fit for you;
· Your application should also include GRE scores (with at least 600 verbal & quantitative) or GMAT scores (with at least 650 verbal & quantitative); List of schools to apply for a Ph.D. without having to take IELTS or TOEFL
If you're looking for an American university that doesn't require IELTS or TOEFL scores, here are some options: (Read more: List of 20 Best Universities in the USA)
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor (MI)
- University of California - Irvine (CA)
- The University of Texas at Austin (TX)
- University of Washington (WA)
- University of California - Davis (CA)
- The University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (MN)
- University of California - Santa Barbara (CA)
- University of Southern California (CA)
- University of California - San Diego (CA)
- University of California - Santa Cruz (CA)
- Western University (Canada)
It is possible to get a Ph.D. scholarship to study in USA without IELTS or TOEFL
. However, it can be difficult to find a suitable program without these qualifications. You should contact universities directly and ask them about their requirements before applying so that you can make sure your application is successful.
Global Tree study abroad and immigration consultants were incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. From guiding me through the visa application process to helping me choose the perfect program to study abroad, they were there every step of the way. Their expertise and knowledge of the industry made me feel confident in my decisions, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Thanks to Global Tree, I am now pursuing my dreams of studying in the USA and building a future in a new country. I highly recommend their services to anyone looking to make their dreams a reality! If you're reading Global Tree reviews
to make your decision, let me tell you, they are worth every penny!
2023.05.21 19:28 brandi_theratgirl Fresno City Council Meeting includes Arts items and ordinance against where unhoused people can be
Fresno City Council
Meeting Thursday, May 25, 9:00am, in person and on Zoom
Fresno City Hall, 2600 Fresno Street, Council Chambers email public comments to [[email protected]
) How to participate in a city council meeting Agenda Zoom link
eComments not yet available Agenda items of note (item documents liked)
Proclamation for “Community Action Month”
3-C: Code Enforcement Quarterly report Homelessness
1-MM Areas where people who are homeless would be prohibited from having belonings/ sleeping Bill - (For introduction) Adding Article 21 and Article 22 to Chapter 10 of the Fresno Municipal Code, Prohibiting Impeding on Sidewalks Within 500 Feet from Sensitive Areas Including Schools, Childcare Facilities, Public Parks, Public Libraries, Warming and Cooling Centers, and City-Permitted Shelters for the Unhoused. Proposed ordinance
- This item would not just include the areas listed above, but includes many areas, including areas that could be interpreted by police to be prohibited.
- What is considered sidewalks likely includes dirt and grass areas, basically not giving anywhere to be.
- The ordinance would allow property to be taken (not allowing them to leave with their belongings)
- Those who are unhoused could be threatened with arrested or arrested, adding additional hardship and facilitating loss of belongings and pets.
- 1-G: Approve the appointments of Kelly Kucharski and Christina Soto to the Parks, Recreation, and Arts Commission for a term ending July 1, 2026, and approve the reappointments of Jon Dohlin and Jose Barraza, to the Parks, Recreation, and Arts Commission for a term ending July 1, 2027. Approve the appointment of Shannon McCulligh to the Mobile Home Rent Review and Stabilization Commission as a Resident Commissioner for a term ending June 30, 2024. Approve the reappointment of Linda Moreno to the Civil Service Board for a term ending June 30, 2027.
Public Safety: 1-q:
- 1-P: ***RESOLUTION - Adopt the 14th Amendment to the FY 2023 Salary Resolution No. 2022-152, amending Exhibit 8, Unit 8 - Non-Represented, by adding the new classification of Youth Jobs Corps Program Ambassador and providing a salary range of $15.50 - $19.50 per hour; Youth Jobs Corps Program Participant and providing a salary range of $15.50 - $19.50 per hour; Youth Jobs Corps Program Mentor and providing a salary range of $16.00 - $20.50 per hour
- Item also includes salary for Airport Public Safety Officers.
Approve use of Fresno Municipal Code Section 4-502(d), Design Build Qualification Method of procurement for automation and video surveillance at the City of Fresno Parking Garages. 1-KK
Actions pertaining to the John Muir Elementary Safe Routes to School Project 1-LL
: **RESOLUTION - Conduct a Traffic Assessment to Include Options for Improved Safety Arts: 1-BB:
Approve the Agreement between City of Fresno and Fresno Arts Council, Inc. of Fresno CA, a uniquely qualified consultant, in the amount of $207,500 for procurement of transportation art on behalf of the City of Fresno. and other agreements. 1-CC
: Actions pertaining to the Caltrans Art Project at San Pablo Park at State Route 180 and Belmont Avenue 1-OO:
***RESOLUTION - Relating to the Retention of the Fresno Arts Council to Administer the City’s Cultural Arts Grant Programs Pursuant to Fresno Municipal Code Section 7-1506(B)(4) (Subject to Mayor’s Veto)
submitted by brandi_theratgirl
to Fresnosocialjustice [link] [comments]
2023.05.21 08:49 Louilouilou [FS] San Pablo Ca-$50-entire setup
| || |
I have a 29g tank with a cascade canister filter. A rummy nose tetra, a neon tetra, a few guppies, kuli loaches, a bristle nose pleco. I have anubias, Christmas moss, Sagittaria, aquatic soil and drift wood. This is well worth more but I'm moving and I cannot take it with me. I just hope it goes to the right place. submitted by Louilouilou to AquaSwap [link] [comments]